Preparation time: 15- 20 min.
Baking time: 10 - 15 min.
Servings made: Total Samosa made from above material 10 - 15.
Ingredients Required For Baked Samosas
- 200 gm. Maida (Refined wheat flour) .
- 3 gegg's White (Yolk to be discarded)
- 10 gm. Butter
- 4 medium sized Boiled Potatoes
- 2-3 teaspoons Par boiled peas
- 1 teaspoon finely cut Green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Dry mango powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Coriander leaves finely cut
- Salt to taste
- 50 ml. Milk
Directions to prepare Baked Samosas
- Mix butter and maida nicely till it resembles bread crumbs.
- Beat egg white and add it to the butter maida mixture with continuous mixing and kneading.
- If required add little milk to it while kneading.
- Knead the mixture to a soft but firm dough. Make sure the dough is firm, other wise the samosas will not be crispy.
- Keep the dough covered for 5 min.
- Mash potatoes to small pieces (not to pulp).
- Take1 tea spoon of oil in a wok and heat the oil, add cumin seeds let them splutter.
- Add the following and cook for 5 min., mixing them continuously:
- Dry Mango powder
- Green chilies
- Red Chilly powder
- Take the above mixture in a bowl and add garam masala. Allow it to cool.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll them to 5-6 inches diameter circle.
|Dough for baked samosa,rolled ball of dough and filling of potato,peas and spices|
- Cut them to half with the knife, and make a cone out of the half piece and fill it 3/4 with the potato mixture.
|Making cone of one half of the rolled ball of the dough|
|Filling the cone with potato, peas and spices mixture|
- Seal the open ends by applying drop of water and pressing them together firmly.
- Repeat the same for all the dough and bake them in preheated oven at 150 C till they become golden in color(some prefer it slightly brownish golden). Turn them over when top side starts becoming golden brown.
- Bake again till other side also becomes golden brown.(Approximately 5-7 min. each side
- Do not bake to dark brown color.
- For those who do not take eggs, eggs can be replaced by butter/ghee.
- Minced meat (mutton / chicken ) can taken instead of potatoes.
- Coarsely ground powder of roasted moong dal can be taken instead of potatoes and peas.